National UMC is now casting its first Drama Camp for Kids (aged 8 to 16)! There are a limited number of roles available, so don’t delay. Note: Both onstage and backstage roles available. Prior drama experience is welcomed, but not necessary.
We are looking for kids who have an interest in…
- Gaining an appreciation of live drama arts
- Increasing ease in front of an audience
- Experiencing a connection with the National UMC community and
- Having fun!
Here’s what’s included in the $200 fee:
- An encouraging environment to test and hone skills in acting and interacting
- Trained acting coach leading exercises and acting lessons
- Our own MetroPlayers (with over 30 years presenting plays) and special guests facilitating fun and innovative learning of what happens behind and on stage to make a great performance
- Live Performance on Friday of Gideon Brower’s fun and warm 1 act play: Summer written especially for Young Actors
- 2 Free Tickets to a Friday afternoon performance + $5 tickets for additional guests
- Healthy Lunch and 2 snacks daily (allergy feedback will be incorporated)
- After Party with facilitators, cast and audience to celebrate our week!
- By registering your child for this Drama Camp, you give National United Methodist Church permission to take photos and videos of your child during camp activities and for those images to be used for learning exercises and/or future promotion for the church, including in online media. The images shall be the property of National United Methodist Church and available to share with you by request. Children will not be identified by name in promotional images.
- Casting of roles will be done based on participants registered. Speaking roles are limited so not guaranteed, but onstage experience will be facilitated as much as possible.
- After casting, you will be notified of the role and provided a script so your child can become familiar with their lines. Due to the short rehearsal time, knowing lines prior to first day is encouraged!
- There are a limited number of registration slots available. After the limit is reached, remaining registrants will be offered a waitlisted status and not charged unless accepted into the camp.
We strive to provide a welcoming and safe environment in our ministry and work with children. We take the safety of children seriously at National UMC; please contact Rev. Janet Craswell with any questions or concerns.
Camp will take place at:
National United Methodist Church Metropolitan Memorial campus 3401 Nebraska Ave. NW Washington, DC 20016